Confused...

Why do people still think they can claim you when they walked out on you over 10 years ago?

Why do they think they have the right to insult the people closest to you when they kept silent through everything else?

Who are they to insist you belong to them when you have seen them THREE times in the past 16 years?

I feel sorry for them.

THEY decided to break away.

THEY shut the door in my face.

YOU walked away, MOTHER.

So here's what I have to say.

KEEP WALKING.

AliveInHim said...

I can't imagine how hard that must have been. :( You may not be able to forget, and you may always carry the pain of your past, but in Christ you can be strong. =)

Col. 3:13 "...even as Christ forgave you, so also you should forgive."

Bambi67 replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm :
sorry about this, would had love to read more from this but thanks for sharing! check out my work,thanks!=)

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:07 pm:
aww... I'm sorry about that, the world is a cruel place and no one said it was going to be easy but I am glad that you have a positive outlook about it. Good job on this article! :) Since you are a christian writer(and so am I) would you mind checking out my poem, The Creator of the Universe Loves You," ? I think you will be able to relate. Thanks! Let me know what you think of it. :)

sunshine04 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 4:08 am :
 totally agree with you

ShadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:53 pm:
Wow this is really strong, and good for you! You rock!

ama1013 said...
Feb. 18, 2011 at 8:42 pm:
i feel really bad. what kind of mother does that to their own child? =(

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The raw emotion is amazing! And the last line perfectly emphasized the tone, it was my favorite.
That being said, I am sorry to hear about your mother. My best friend's mom is somewhat like yours. She is absolutely horrible to her, but when my friend started hanging out with her step-mom and told her mom that her step-mom was a much better mother, than her mom decided that she cared. It's pathetic.

ArcaneGhost replied...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm :
Raw emotion is the right phrase. I can't even imagine what that consists of.

WritingLoverForever said...
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. That must have been hard having your own mother just walk out on you like that. I can tell you put a lot of raw emotion into this article. You are a very strong person and you're an incredible writer.

Stephaniere This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very deep, I am close friends with two people who have had biological parents walk out on them, it's a hard thing to see someone struggle with. This is amazing, I love the end "KEEP WALKING" part, very raw I think.

thepreechyteenager said...
loud unafraid spirited emotional

JonasLover89 said...
I like the end "KEEP WALKING." It shows your emotion, and what I like, your strength.

Priscilla K. said...
OH MY GOSH that is soo good i luv it soo much!! =D