I Need Somebody

I am always surrounded by people of my own age, and my social life sucked so bad I tried to "reinvent myself" and become a social person, but it's harder than it sounds, at least for me it is. In high school, there are about four hundred people. Of that four hundred, I predict about 1/2 of them are in a relationship. I am not. I try to with all I hav, but I can't speak up, and I just sit back and watch them. I watch how they act toward another and just sit alone in my angst filled world and only hope that in my dreams, I can be with the ones I admire. the loneliness is unbearable and I start to lash out at my friends and once again I am alone, but this time, I stay in the pit that I dug for myself and lie down. I bring back the burdens, failures and misfortunes that came along in my life and pile them on me and drift off into another night of being alone, doomed until the end of time to be accompianed by only me and my shadow until I die to be with my creator and savior.

Gettysburg63 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 12:38 am
Hey Waukesha!!!!!

ricandym3 said...
good writing:) I think what you need is to truly find yourself, that's the only way you'll ever let people see you for who you are. Finding comfort in our own skin is part of the metamorphosis teens go through coming out.

AmandaLee143 said...
I think we have some things in common.
You're a good writer. :)