The girl with rain boots.

I felt alive in her presence the second I demolished. She was an intricate girl, knowing a lot about arcane matters, and devouring my entire existence in the palm of her hand. I figured this out in anatomy class, in which I'm writing in now, after she sat down in front of me with yellow and orange rain boots. It keeps her feet from feeling too pressured, she said. Pressured. Hmm.

She is a sagacious girl though, so sagacious, believing in nothing but existence and the unknown. She asks, "why not," and feels empowered by her own thoughts. I know this, and it's comforting.

May her beliefs, believe in me.

The sun is shining so brightly now that it is not doing much for rain boots. The sun is stinging me now, the sun, salty and blazing. But may it keep her warm,

May it shelter you, keep you from the destruction. May this storm not last, not for you, not now, not this time.

May your beliefs, believe in me.

It is so often that my thoughts become intangible, self destructive. So often that I may not hold them, but lose them in the midst of living. Sometimes, occasionally, they become ridiculously self centered and hard to follow. This is generally during times of depression, which I have found in theory, only comes true when I start believing in it. When I let it consume me, when I start to consume myself.

But listen closely, this is about to get confusing.

Consumption. I will write this on a romantic level. We will start of with the mere significance of attraction, and then move on to the mid way battles. Two fists, and one coat of armor. Your rage, my protection. All at once, coming towards one another, melting into one another. This is the start of the consumption. Destructed protection, unnecessary violence. Fear. Get it? Consumption happens to the best of us anyway, so don't worry.

Just, okay. Can I ask a favor? Don't control me, don't let me become consumed by you. That would be a wild thing to put someone in, I'd imagine. But I don't know, so I'll ask you first. How wild is it possible to become? Is is the answer, to hate, to anger, to love even? Two hearts, two people, one's fighting back and the others pushing forward. The consumer, and the consumee if you will. Whichever one you decide is your choice, and one that you'll never conciouslly make. But don't worry about it, this happens all the time. I mean, who really is deserving of any emotion, really? Who says that one body is able to be in control of your own, who is willing to with you, create something beyond the body itself. How many times a day, do we do the things that we have been taught not to for our own self centered needs? Many times of course! And how many people are staying married these days?

Think about it. Stop lying, stop cheating, stop gossiping. As Meagan would say, stop creating a monster of fantasy. Stop making a mess.

And wake up.

reenay_95 said...
Wow. That was really interesting.

imbcxvz said...

great writing.  I like it alot.

mr/B said...
Keep in mind that when you look at someone- think about someone, feel someone, you mind has feelings- Your mind doesn't use big words, words like "sagacious" if your mind uses words like that, you are not feeling those feelings, you are outside, looking in

kendraelysia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 7:53 pm :
My mind does, I'm not sure about yours. It wasn't necessarily about emotion, it was about thoughts. I was not feeling anything towards her, really. Just empowered by her presence. Wishing her the best of luck. I'm not much of a feeler in general, actually. I'm rather shut off and cold in that sense.
Thank you though. I understand where you were coming from. This piece was to reflect my mind, however, so generally speaking - it's going to be much different then your own.