I fell in love with a girl made of music.

When she spoke, it was like music. An escalating crescendo of a Capella music, bouncing and changing at different intervals. At different levels, settings, objectives. Her diction alone made instruments materialize. Her tone, her articulation - like music. The most beautiful music I had ever heard. An alluring music, magical - pulchritudinous, even! A whole orchestra exploding with sound, echoing off the walls, pitched and positioned on the complete center stage. Big. Big music. So much music. A harmonica, a banjo, a flute.

Her instruments when fully materialized, were confidence. When feeling insecurities she would simply stop - stand up right, statuesque and stare. She would not turn, not falter. No decrescendo. Just keep escalating. No silence, no pianissimo. Just keep singing, keep dancing, keep going. But this was rare. No abrupt distractions would follow, no sense of awkwardness. A solider. She was a soldier. A soldier of music. The charm of her was incredible though. Her voice becoming deeply mellifluous. Classy inflection, rather manipulative, but vivid.

See, pretty soon. I had no idea what her face even looked like, or what she wore, or that she even really existed in a physical sense. I mean, she was music.

And who can resist a woman, who is practically made of music?

meaghanm2 said...
Nov. 16 at 4:41 pm
Okay this is amazing. As a musician I can really relate to the feeling... 

sabina22 said...
Aw this was so good and touching :) This kind of reminds me of a guy (not a girl) I know haha, he's very musically talented such as the person you described. Beautifully written! =)

sceneemoboi said...
This is wonderful i relate to this when i think about a beaautiful girl..

life laugh love said...

i rellay love this peice it is very romantic and beautiful. this made. it caught me by the first two sentences

Kelsey Eats Poop said...
Your word choice is very vivid.  I love how you said, who can resist a woman, who is practically made of music?

mmerino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
a little confusing, but it made me think! you can tell that you really know what you are talking about!

music35 said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 2:21 am
this peice is so amzing and creative!

StoryWriter said...
I LOVE the title! The piece and the title were totally meant to be together!

`snickers said...
May 12, 2010 at 6:22 am
it's beautiful. very very beautiful. wow.

Chanilla said...
I loved it and I think it's just beautiful. I just wish someone would say something like that about me. Haha :-p

Lucy4himnotu said...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 9:39 am
Absolutely enthralling. Beautiful. My favorite piece by far!!! Wonderfully written. Thank you!

dreamer_believer said...
wow this is one of my favorite pieces on the site! :) i love the title, because it is sooo creative. the content of the story is just beautiful :) i love this! 5 stars :) check out some of my work if you can, i would really love the feedback!