Back of The Class

I don't sit quite in the back, i guess. But I certinly don't want to draw attention to myself.

I guess I'm "smart". Yeah, I understand concepts easier, read faster while comprehending, but thats their definition of smart.

Book smart is one thing, thats a nerd. No, I am not a nerd. But I don't hang out with those people who reject smart people, either.

I think the old man who's seen the world, fought in the war, and knows the difference between honor, and ambition, but never attended college, is wiser than the man who went to college for four years, and sits behind a desk all day.

Wisdom is what I seek,
Knowledge is what i pocess,
Ambition is the drive.

Gettysburg63 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job fellow Wisconsinite

Withani said...
May 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm:
Wow. That was great.

Serendipity-Pen replied...
Sept. 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm :

Wow, that was really good.

Anonymous said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:09 am:
I appreciate the message you've intended. You strike at the heart of what a lot of people tend to miss. But, as future advice, if you're claiming "smartness" you'd do well not to riddle your submissions with misspellings and gramattical errors.

Anonymous replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:11 am :
(And the irony here, of course, is that I myself misspelled "grammatical." How tactless of me.)

writerscramp replied...
Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:51 pm :

I know. I did the misspellings and grammatical on purpose. It is to show that even if you aren't super good  at voicing your thoughts, they are still valid. So thanks for pointing that out. God Bless!

Keep writting til you can't anymore,

Then pick up your pen and write some more!

~Writerscramp

TheWrittenHeart said...
Whoa, I like how you said it..You are full of wisdom for realizing all of this :D

Fangz said...
Here here! *raises glass*

brezec said...
I really enjoyed reading this. The last three lines, "Wisdom is what I seek, knowledge is what I possess, ambition is the drive," I believe, holds a deep meaning. You can have all the knowledge in the world but without the wisdom to put it to good use, it is worthless. The author also does an amazing job defining the difference between being "book smart" and having wisdom and real world experience. There were a few small errors but, all in all, it was an insightful article.

Dreamer1 replied...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 7:28 pm :
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Briana B. said...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 10:31 am:
That's really true I feel the same way.