Those Last Words | Teen Ink

Those Last Words

August 7, 2009
By kd80123 BRONZE, Na, New Hampshire
kd80123 BRONZE, Na, New Hampshire
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I think it is almost impossible to forget someone who was once the only reason you smiled.


Whenever I were to sleepover at my grandparents, he would always make me chocolate milk right before bed, And in the middle of the night would give me crackers and cheese. These moments are long gone, but still have a special place in my heart.

One night was particularly special; it was the night where my grandfather was very sick. I didn’t know if he was going to make it or not. He lay in his room, sleeping. When it was then time to leave, I packed up, but before leaving I walked into his room. I gave him a kiss, sent a prayer to god, and said “I love you.” As I walked out the door, I heard “I love you to.” The weird thing is that when I said those 3 words, I never knew those would be the last words I ever spoke to him.

We had a funeral and a wake. To this day we got to his grave every father’s day. Every one of his birthdays and whenever we can. I miss him. I was the youngest and I hadn’t known him for long, only 9 yrs, I’m 12 now and things have gotten better. This was a great lesson in life and I would like to teach you it.

Dear readers of teen ink,
Days will come when you are so mad at someone you don’t talk; days will come when tragedy and grief strike. But promise this. You will live every day to its fullest, you will always remember great moments and not so great you will cherish everyone likes it’s there last day here and be sure you always say I love you instead of goodbye because you never know those could be your last words.

The author's comments:
Please listen to what i have to say, Dont hold stupid grudges against someone who stole your boyfriend. Becasue god forbid you ever lose that person, you will never be able to get those moments back.

Dear readers of teen ink,
Days will come when you are so mad at someone you don’t talk; days will come when tragedy and grief strike. But promise this. You will live every day to its fullest, you will always remember great moments and not so great you will cherish everyone likes it’s there last day here and be sure you always say I love you instead of goodbye because you never know those could be your last words.