i believe in clichés

do you believe in fate? i do. i believe in the idea that everything happens for a reason and that things aren’t always within our control. although we may get frustrated with this fact, i believe it’s okay.

i believe that long walks on the beach are romantic and each and every footprint left behind in the sand represents another step towards destiny up until it is washed away by sea foam.

i believe when life throws lemons at you, we have to find any way possible to make lemonade. even if it takes longer for some to mix a jar than others, it’s just as important.

i believe in straying from the beaten path, just as much as i believe in following the crowd.

i believe in being hypocritically contradictory.

i believe strongly in the idea that you get right back on that bike if you fall off. that if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.

i believe in reaching the end of every tunnel and it’s light.

i believe everyone has a true love, but that his love can come in any form.

i believe that people have the right to beat on a dead horse if it means they are a step closer to losing their insecurities.

i believe that sometimes second chances just aren’t enough.

i believe in the phrases “sweat like a pig”, even though they don’t sweat. and “i have to pee like a racehorse”, even though i’ve never been one.

i believe in the sayings, “hot as hell” and “when hell freezes over”.

i believe in topsy-turvy and looking at things upside down and inside out.

i believe jeans can be worn at any time, unwashed, for a week straight.

i believe in the jar being seen as half-empty and half-full all at the same time.

i believe passionately in wearing your heart on your sleeve.

im.flying said...
well you can't just wash the jeans all the time you'll wash the magic out of them

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice job. I can tell you took a lot of time to write this and think about what you were saying. I love the one about jeans. I wear my jeans like ten times without washing them and everyone thinks that's gross.