Take Back the Redemption

I have spent most of my life surrounded by people, but always alone. I am the watchman that is never repaid. Without me to blame or to help rescue my family would not survive. I am the strongest when they are need, but the weakest at heart. My heart beats as one. My family, my friends, my acquaintances they all beat within my heart. As each one dies or leaves my life, my heart skips a beat that it can never recover from. God save me from evil and save me from hurt for all those I have wronged I hope I can be forgiven. For if I am not forgiven, my life is forever shamed.

I walk with the dead, and laugh with the mortal. I drink tea with strangers and dance with the forgotten. I am forever unpaid. My life is a soap that is never cancelled. There is no present, only a future, but all I want is the past. When my eyes where still a virgin and my words were still unhurtful.

My road is one way.

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A beautiful, raw piece. I enjoyed it:)

whammy replied...
Thank you!

gracegirl29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really, really like the beginning. i might be able to help you more if i knew which memory the piece was based on???

whammy replied...
I can't actually pin point an exact memory this piece was based on. Mostly just a collection of when my parents divorced and my family (parents and siblings) fell apart. 

gracegirl29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh, okay. well i would maybe talk a little bit about brokenness, and then lead into how your family fell apart.

Manders said...
so this is the start of a story or is it about  you personally?

whammy replied...
After I wrote this and posted it, I got stuck on how to keep going on it. Any suggestions?