Eye's of A Dog | Teen Ink

Eye's of A Dog

I hate waking up to the frightening dogs constantly barking like it’s life or death. I’m all alone waiting to get taken home. The human comes and refills mine plus my brother's water and my food, I scarf it down like him. Then the huge store opens and people pile in looking at many animals and taking them home, when will it be my turn. I miss my other brother’s and sisters. I was always the smallest so they usually picked me to wrestle with. I hated it but now I really do miss it. Me and my brother curled up trying to stay warm but little by little people walked by ignoring us. I started to cry, when will it be my turn. The store closes furthermore the human refills are food and water once again I scarf it down. The lights go off again so I walk around until I get tired. I hate using the restroom here but I have to, I wake up to my brother's cry. He's hungry but It’s still dark which means we should be asleep. I can’t fall asleep to the other dogs barks so I just roll over and look at the ceiling. The next morning I wake up, the worker opens the cage and takes my brother out. I thought they would bring him back after a little while, but they didn't. I cry and cry. When will it be my turn? When the human fill my food up I don’t even have the energy to eat. I just sit there and wait. After a little while the lights turn off for the first time I bark and bark I just miss my brother. The next day I finally eat, but before I could finish the human picked me up and brought me to a room. I thought I was just going on a walk but they brought me to a new room and more humans came in. They had toys and started playing fetch with me, this was the best moment of my life. The human picked me up again and took me back to my cage right there I thought I would never get adopted. But after a little the humans from early came back with even more toys. They picked me up and  took me outside. They had a fuzzy blanket. I curled up on the humans lap I knocked out, it was finally my turn.