Getting Lost at Adventure Island | Teen Ink

Getting Lost at Adventure Island

October 15, 2021
By CorbanCook BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
CorbanCook BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Bird is the word
- Peter Griffin


 It was a beautiful summer morning, too beautiful to be true. I woke up in a daze and to the sound of my mom saying, “Get your bathing suit on.”  I knew immediately that we were going to Adventure Island, the best waterpark there is. My family and I got ready and were on our way. We knew some friends who had passes, so we brought them along cause why not.      Along the way, we passed a USF campus. I saw the huge green field that stretched for miles. 
  When we passed Busch Gardens, we arrived. First, we had to go through the security gate then park. Then, we gathered our belongings and went through the security check. After ages of looking, we found a spot and put on sunscreen. Then, it was time to go on every slide there was. My favorite is Wahoo Run. You are in constant darkness and I loved it. The biggest and coolest slide is Colossal Curl. There are dangers of falling off, but it is tall and fun.  
   I went across the cold waters and made my way up to go on some slides, the best part of a waterpark. If I can recall, there were at least 10 slides. Those were the baby slides though. They might be smaller slides, but they are fun. The next activity was to swim for a little bit then get slushies and sodas. The area was infested with bees, so I had to check if there was a bee in my Hi-C. 
   After that, I hit the wave pool. Sadly, the waves disappeared when I went to jump in. I was devastated, but the Lazy River sounded great to me. I went along with my sisters and my friends. It was a blast sitting down and relaxing. The stops we made were for slides and to get off. I went on Colossal Curl, aka “the big boy ride.” I was so excited to climb 80ft in the air and tube down a colossal slide. I looked below and got the chills, and I wondered if I could jump and land in the Lazy River. 
   After enjoying myself, I went to dry off and chill in the sun for a little while and then swim and jump off the fake cliff into the water. I was having fun with my friends and I kept going to the snack bar to do some fat boy activity. 
   My mom was tanning in the sun and when I walked over, she told me “We will be here for 2 more hours, ok?” I understood sadly and went to tell everyone else.  
   The gang and I hit the wave pool again and there were waves. I used my chubby belly to surf on the waves. The cool, refreshing water felt good on my skin. I loved swimming when it was hot. Playing in the heat is a different story. 
   It was probably 3PM and I was bored of the slides, but there were 2 slides that hurt your whole body. I went on them with instant regret and I felt like a man. I then relieved the pain by going on the Lazy River. I saw one more slide I have never been on, so I went on it. The slide was the best and I would give it a 10/10. 
  When we had an hour left, I gathered up the gang and we played ‘Hide n Seek.’ I never said the boundaries, so the whole park was the boundary. I was chosen to be seeker and looking back on this day, I realized that I had an “uh-oh” moment. We played the game and I went straight to the wave pool, it was colossal and easy to find them there. 
  I found that nobody was there, so I went to the slides. Nobody. I ran to the kiddie section. Nobody. My fat belly knew that someone would be at a snack shack, and nobody was there. I was in panic mode and I was scared. After giving up, I went back to where we were. My heart felt like it dropped. They had left me. Heartbroken, I went to the front area and cried. My brain thought that I was a mistake and they never wanted me. 
   A kind-hearted woman got security to help find my family. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Eden comes to get me. Apparently, they heard that it was time to go. I don’t know why they didn’t get me first. I can’t complain, I was able to get a story out of it.