Two Lives | Teen Ink

Two Lives

By BaileyBaca BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
BaileyBaca BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

My life has not always been perfect, in fact I don’t think it ever will be. It’s weird to write this down because it may sound like I have a crummy life, but the truth is that I love my life. I love my family, I love my pets, my house, and my friends, and everything that has been prescribed  to me in my life. But as days go by, things happen and life is not perfect. But  It’s “Life’s Thoughts” that count that got me by. People always see but they don’t think. People assume but they truly don’t know.

There have been times when I reset back to my past life which I count as my first life. And I think of the things I had, which was barely anything. And then I look now and rethink what I have and it’s everything.  I can’t agree that I live in a boring world anymore. The truth is that I do live in a big world where I do have most things others would die for. But just because I have it now does’nt  mean I have always had it. 

People always assume that I have and live in this big awesome world because of the way my life is lived, the places i’ve traveled , the people i’ve met, and the house I live in. I can’t deny any of this. But what really strikes me is that I have not always lived in a nice house or have dressed in nice clothes, or have owned a brush or have had my very own room.

And that it’s sad to say that I have actually taken lead on the things I have, when before I had nothing. I had no room, no love and a lot of betrayal in my life. 

But then I was given a second chance,a chance to live in a new world, which I call my 2 life,  I had a new home, a real home I loved, my very own room, my own brush, real love, and most importantly a new family. A family that cared for me and took me in because they knew they would provide better care for me. I went from so little to so big that at first it was hard and I did’nt  understand just how lucky I was.I took advantage and bragged about how lucky I was to be adopted into a new home, and how lucky I was to be in a new world. But what I forgot most importantly is that I was chosen, and that not everyone get’s chosen and some still have to suffer in misery and hate, with no love and no real family like I once experienced in my life before my now new life.

But then something hit me at around age 14. I realized that I was taken out of misery. I learned to appreciate what I had instead of always wanting because before, I was the kid who wanted the One Dollar shirt, now wearing a Twenty Dollar shirt. I was the kid who wanted love and now realized I had it all. I even realized that I was taking advantage and wanting more as I got older but then also realized that there are more kids out there who want just the same but are not given a second chance like me. Who dont get the Twenty dollar shirt but the One dollar shirt I once had.. I learned to be thankful and to stop asking but to give. I was lucky but never realized how lucky until now.

This is and talks about "Lives thoughts."

on Sep. 28 2021 at 12:42 pm
BaileyBaca BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Tell me what you think about the Memoir/ Article, "Two Lives."