Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

March 11, 2019
By Nielz19 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Nielz19 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have a family of six, three boys and three girls all with different types of athleticism that further portray who they are. My father is aging but doesn’t care, he is determined to stay in shape so he can practice and play with us. He shows perseverance through surgery and injuries, will not concede to any challenge like David to Goliath. My brother, Zach, zooms past opponents without looking behind. He jumps so high you can feel the ground move as he lands. My sisters are different, Annika uses competitiveness as her drive to do better and bigger things. Alyssa uses agility to crossover and change directions, change directions like your being chased by an alligator. But my mothers athletic ability, my mother's athletic ability, not fast nor strong however she's intelligent and strategic like a fish out of water. When it comes down to me I use all my families characteristics to further my athletic ability. I use perseverance after multiple injuries, jump high and run fast in the sports I play, I use my intelligence and strategy in games, and I use agility and competitiveness to win against my opponent. The feeling of winning is like no other which our family has in common, we like to win to feel the happiness and our hair stick up with chills. After winning a game there is no other feeling.