A New Home | Teen Ink

A New Home

January 24, 2019
By cadence9108229 BRONZE, Independence, Oregon
cadence9108229 BRONZE, Independence, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It all started the day of September 8th, 2018. Just standing there thinking to myself "You can do it". As I took one step in I said to myself,"You did it  you're a 6th grader now.As i'm walking down the hallway,I don't see any of my.When I walk into the office,they give me my student schedule,then when i look down and see my schedule,then i look down and see my advisory "Room A-2, Mrs.Kennedy".

Minutes later i finally find class A-2.As I walk in I see people hugging each other saying "Hi" and me standing in the doorway thinking to myself "Where are my friends?".The next day.As i go the my first period Humanities. I walk in and see three of my friends.Juliana,Ruby,and Noor.Then I look and see one of my old friends from third grade her name was Emily.A couple months later me and Emily are friends again. Then i met Haily. Me, Emily,and Haily became friends.

Then one weekend when my dad picked up me and my brother Cobe.When we were in the car i closed my eye's then i hear my dad say "Yea,were going to be moving soon" right as i heard that a tear ran down my face...i quickly wiped it off a tried to sound  like i wasn't crying and said"Wait...were moving" "Yea...i'm getting promoted" my dad said happily [He's in the army so its a really big promotion] "What month?" I said nervously  "Probably,in December" after my dad said that i thought "I least i have two months left" but the worst person i would have to tell would be my best friend Soleia.When the time came the teachers and students in there classroom came to my advisory and through me a goodbye party.

 

But when the party went by really fast and then i realized after that day i'm not going to see my friends again,and the worst pert about that is i'm not going to be  able to say bye to soleia face to face because she go's to a different school.She go's to A.C.M.A (Arts & Communication Magnet Academy).When i went home that day i felt a little bit a happiness.When we moved in  i had to go to my moms that weekend.When i was on my phone i found my friends address and number it was Juliana's so i texted her  then i asked her to go talk to soleia and give her phone number to me.A couple minutes later i get a message "hi is this cadence?" then i say "yes is this soil" (thats soleia's nickname) Then she says yes then we start talking then we video call.Then when i was at my mom's again then she says "I wonder if I can go to your house" then i ask my mom she says yes then when i was waiting outside i just hear someone yell "CaDeNcE!!!" then i look over and see her then when her brother leaves we run up to each other and hug "Oh my god" soleia says.

As were on the couch me and her are calling Juliana and telling her to come over.Soon enough she comes over.Then we all have a great time,we also had pizza for dinner.Then soon enough they both had to leave.When they left i knew i would never see them again.