Mexico | Teen Ink

Mexico

December 15, 2018
By vtatum2712 BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
vtatum2712 BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 articles 14 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am my own muse. The subject I know best. The subject I want to know better." -Frida Kahlo


It was warm and beautiful night as me, my sister, and cousin walk up the rough stairs of our home. As I looked around, I felt at peace with my surroundings. During the day dogs are barking, people talking, performances happening, cars beeping, people selling different items such as shoes and food. It was never quiet, because the city was so much alive. There was always something that can make anyone smile. At night it was different because everything was quiet.

The stars shined bright as if they were actual diamonds in the sky. The sky was a perfect blend of purple, dark blue, and black. I continued to feel at peace and stared at the wonderful city in front of me. Even though the city was quiet, it was quite alive. Lights continue to shine from houses making it more beautiful. The most captivating thing was the mountains. It felt as if the mountains helped protect the bad from entering making me feel safe.

I sat down on the roof and continue to stare at the wonderful view of the city that is apart of me. Soon music began to fill the air. I look at my sister as she put her tablet down on the ground and grabbed my arm. As she lets the beat carry her away, we all began to dance. We all began to sing to the song “Cruisin’ for a Bruisin.’” Out of all us my sister was the energetic one. She was always the one to start singing and dancing.

As we moved to the beat of the song smiles were etched on our face. I was to busy to notice our neighbor Jason from across the street came outside. He looked amused by the sight of us. Soon my sister catch on to what I was looking at and played a song for him. While we were in Mexico my sister had developed a crush on him. As soon as she started singing, I burst out laughing.

Soon my sister stops singing for him, and we return to what we were doing before. He left back inside shortly after. As we continued to dance, it was like nothing mattered anymore. As the night progressed, we continued to live in the moment. Soon I began to feel tired as if all my energy had vanished. As I began to take a sit and look at the city again. Lights began to go out as people were beginning to rest for the next day. My sister sat beside me as she was tired as well. We both stared at the city as the city that was alive began to rest.