Caveman | Teen Ink

Caveman

By powerspacelord BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
powerspacelord BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

In my hunting stand, a caramel brown doe sauntered by… frozen, I watched, waiting for the perfect moment. “BOOM!” the doe takes its last breath. Arriving at the cabin with the doe, I see a blazing fire so I join my uncles and cousin.  I found out that we were having “Caveman steaks.” At this point I had no clue what they were, but I quickly learned how amazing these steaks were!

My uncle asked me “to knock down the fire so there were just coals.” I quickly knocked down the coles and called out “ok I knocked down the fire.”  

Then my cousin hollered out, “Ok we will be right there!” Running out of the house with these thick, juicy steaks, my uncle just throws them right on the hot coals. While the steaks were grilling, and you could just smell the grizzle, And the pepper and the whiskey blend on the Steaks. Also you could just hear the sizzle of the blood hit the coals.  It took six minutes for the steaks to cook. When they were done cooking we went into the house and we all licked the bone clean.