Trust No One | Teen Ink

Trust No One

September 17, 2018
By edgarfl BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
edgarfl BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One of the experiences that I had through my life that changed me, had something to do with trust. It all began when I was in the 3rd grade it was a normal day at school with the usual (learning, homework, etc.), but what I didn’t know was something would change after school since after school there was someone knocking the front door. It was an uncle of mine from my mother’s side of the family (I knew he was my uncle the next day). My grandmother let him in since she knew who he was and me, my dad, & my brother were confused on how my grandmother knew this person at the moment. So we all sat in the living room watching whatever was on TV, and trying to figure out who he was, why he’s here, & how he knew who my grandmother was. (The grandmother I’m speaking of is my mom’s mom, and not my dad’s mom since I probably didn’t)

  

A few hours pasted by, and I forgot I had to do my homework that day, and my dad bought my little brother candy since my little brother got an A on a test or a quiz, I kind of wanted something from the store since my dad was already going over there, but he had already left with my little brother so I just thought oh well. They left so I went upstairs to my bedroom so I can start on my homework, but before I can actually start on it, I heard my grandma and “my uncle” having a conversation about something that may have been important, but then I stopped listening so I can do my homework. A few minutes passed, my dad & little brother have returned from the store my dad tells my brother to go to his room and then my dad ends up in the conversation now they’re talking about something that I keep thinking that may or may not be important.

  

A couple of months had passed by, my uncle ended up living with us but started to rarely see him at home and he would come home when it’s almost midnight. This would make my dad curious on why he keeps coming at this hour, so later on my dad ended up confronting him & probably figured out why he came late at night. But he didn’t tell anyone why he came late not yet anyway, time passed by pretty quick, and now I was a bit older and smarter. My dad told me the reason why he started to come late, but I’ll be honest, I don’t remember the exact reason but if recall it may have been something awful, or else he would of not waited a while to tell me what it was. To wrap the rest of the story up, my uncle started doing drugs that is why he came late at night, but he acted normal as if he didn’t use them, and my dad probably knew but he didn’t want to kick him out or else he might use more drugs. My dad thought of something to stop doing drugs so he probably told him if he can try not to use drugs he won’t kick him, but he probably couldn’t since it may be hard since most people can’t get rid of this addiction. The next day, there was someone that murdered my uncle near a shopping center of my neighborhood and the place was filled with cops looking for the killer and finding out why they killed my uncle. My grandma and my dad were a bit depressed since they knew he died because it had to do with drugs, and the other reason they felt depressed was they didn’t try to help him try and get rid of his addiction or even send him somewhere so the other people can help him.

  

This is one of the reasons I may have changed a little because I noticed that trust is something very important to have because if you end up trusting the wrong person, a large number of terrible things can occur that may affect you and in some cases because of your doing others may end up getting hurt in the process. But in the past, as a child I would trust anyone because that’s the way I use to be in the beginning, and now if I don’t bother anyone no one will bother me that’s the way it is with me.