A Letter to a Freind | Teen Ink

A Letter to a Freind

July 26, 2018
By StealthElf BRONZE, Gold Coast, Other
StealthElf BRONZE, Gold Coast, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hi, it is me Thomas, one of your friends. When I first started to talk to you in our Design Tech class in year 9 (2018) I wondered what an awesome and curious name you have. I sure you remember well as I started to talk to you I first asked, “Is that your actual name or is it a nick name,” and to my surprise you replied, “It is a nick name I was given and my actual name it Kathleen.” I started to wonder why someone would have a name that rhymed with their last. I asked about your past and previous school and you said you didn’t want to talk about it and I kept pressuring you to answer until you yelled at me and didn’t speak to me for hours. Then the next day you sent me an email as it was the only way we can contact each other at the time. “Hey I am so sorry about the way I acted yesterday you didn’t deserve to be yelled at. I will understand if you didn’t want to be my friend any more. “I hope that you find someplace in your heart that I mean it’’ is so cheesy it is adorable” I can’t believe that I sent that to you I mean I am a gentleman why wouldn’t I.

 

After that we both became friend and then I asked my mother if I can get a phone and that all my friends have one. When I got it, I asked for your phone number, so I can talk to you. To be honest you are the first phone number I ever added to my phone. Then I started to text you for like an hour straight even longer. I asked you if “I was annoying you” and you said that “not to worry I was like that when I first got my phone.” When it turns out after that I made it my chore to text you whenever I can every day. I remember once that when you wouldn’t talk to me and not respond to any of my texts I started to get worried. I mean I started to get super worried and then about a few days later I emailed you and you said, “you were fine.” I mean you could have told me that you were fine over the text when I literally said, “I was getting worried and I hope your fine”

 

I remember when I first called you I was in my paddock setting fire to a broken couch. I said, “If I can’t do it now I will never be able to call you ever again.” As I said on my phone at my place there is barley any reception, so I literally had to climb a wooden structure. As I started to climb my brother started to shake it and I almost fell on the ground. After I called you I texted you saying, “Well that was fun, most people think I sound like a girl when I talk.” You replied, with “Well you should hear the voices of girls that I talk to.” And on that day after I texted you I asked, “Do you have a Boyfriend” and that as you told me was when you started to realise I had a crush on you. “You asked me who it is I liked” and I was resisting to tell you because of my fear of rejection. But I eventually told you that I had feelings for you. And, for me that is when I started to think about you no stop. It might sound weird coming from someone you haven’t meet but that is how I feel. And sadly, I can’t stop that I tried but failed and that is when I decided to just let my feeling for you flow in a way. Over the past weeks of that current day my feelings for you have gotten stronger and stronger even at this day. I have tried to tell you about this, but I have no guts to tell you the truth. I remember once I said, “If I die young I promise to tell you how I truly feel about you.” I wasn’t lying I will and if I don’t have enough time to and I do die young they will be the last words I will ever say.

 

I remember once I accidently called you a snob and a big-headed person. And after that you wouldn’t talk to me. I eventually talked to you in class and you said that ‘You are better off without me and you should forget about me” Well I told you, “No you’re the best friend I have ever had in my entire life. I already lost heaps of friends already and I don’t ant to lose you.” Well after that I told you I was writing a book and if you wanted to see it. After I showed you what I did so-far I asked, “Does that mean you’re still my friend?” and it was funny you’re like “WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!” and I said, “Yes we are.” After days of everything being normal you started not talking to me again.

I still don’t know what is wrong the only thing I want is to still talk to you. Please be okay and I hope you speak to me again. But you never know what ever it is it might stop and hopefully the old Kitty I know will come back and speak to me again.

Yours Truly Weirdo


The author's comments:

This is about a friend of mine at school, She is the most speaical person I have ever met. She gave me the happiness that was stolen from me.