Memorial Glee Episodes Airs to Remember Beloved Glee Star | Teen Ink

Memorial Glee Episodes Airs to Remember Beloved Glee Star

By Erin Novak SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin
Erin Novak SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin

Cory Monteith, the popular Glee star, died on July, 13th 2013. The Famous star, 31, was found dead in his hotel from a mixture of heroin and alcohol. The memorial episode of Glee aired last Thursday to remember Cory and his character, Finn, on the show.
Lesley Goldberg from The Hollywood Reporter wrote that Ryan Murphy, the creator of Glee said,"We wrote it because we loved Cory, so the episode is about how those people loved Cory and find it really hard to go on with the show, so to speak."
In the beginning of the episode, Kurt, Cory’s step brother of the show, says “Everyone wants to talk about how he died, but who cares? I care about how he lived."

The show never addressed how the Character died in the show. Sara H., a junior in high school and a Glee fan, says, “they didn't explain of he died or anything like that, but they showed of it affected all of the characters on the show.”

Jane Lynch, one of the castmates of Monteith says, "What a bright light. We miss him terribly and it's a horrible thing. We got through it and we got through it together as a family."

Naya Riveria, a Glee star, says, “It's tough. but at the same time, it's good that we're doing it because the fans loved him just as much as we do. It will be good to get a sense of closure and be included in it. I feel like that's what Cory would have wanted."

The memorial episode included the “New Directions” singing “Seasons of Love” from the musical Rent. The song began with the new cast and current Glee clubbers and then transitioned to the old original cast of Glee that closely worked with Monteith on Glee
Heyerdahl says, “I liked how they brought the old characters back and I didn't like that the new characters were there...they didn't even know him that’s what made me mad. They shouldn't have been in the episode.”

Lea Michele, who plays Rachel Berry (one of the main character from the older cast of glee) was Cory Monteith’s girlfriend not only on the show, but also in real life.

Alison Takeda, from US Weekly, reports Lea Michele saying, "Everyone is asking: 'Is it hard to do this? Is it hard to be back at work?' But the truth is, it's no harder at work than it is in life, so we might as well all be together as a family supporting each other to get through this together."

Michele came back at the end of the episode and sang a tearful “You make me feel my Love.”

Heyerdahl says, “I liked how Rachel wasn't in it until the end. I can't actually believe she came on the show. I think that is really big of her to do that.”

Although the death of Cory Monteith was very tragic and hard for the cast and crew of Glee, the show must go on. As season five of the show continues with the new cast of Glee, many fans have fears of how the show will go on this season.

Heyerdahl says, “I think the show should still continue even though Cory is gone. They have a new cast now and Cory wasn't on the show as much anymore. I just don’t know what is going to happen with Rachel now that he is gone.”