Whoopi! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

On February 14th, I had the chance of a lifetime. I knew that Whoopi Goldberg was a very special person and an accomplished actor, but I never expected her to be such an open and insightful person.

Before the interview, we waited anxiously in a small classroom at Emerson College. I did not know how she would react, or if she would even know why we were there. When Whoopi came in, there was a warm and friendly feeling from the start. She actually wanted to know about each of us, what we had done to bring us here, and asked about our backgrounds. I thought the interview would concentrate on her when in fact it began with us.

The best part of the day was hearing what Whoopi had to say. She took the time to connect with each of us in a special way. In addition to being extremely personable, she was deeply profound. She answered our questions honestly and from the heart with no topic off-limits.

When the interview was over, she wrote each of us a special note. Then, Whoopi asked us to sign our piece of writing. I could not believe that I was actually signing something for Whoopi Goldberg. It seemed ironic that the first time I ever signed an autograph, it was for a celebrity!

The time I spent with Whoopi Goldberg was inspiring. I have contemplated everything she said and know I learned a great deal from her. She offered us many thought-provoking opinions about life. The funny thing is, I think she learned a lot from me and the other students, too. This experience enabled me to believe that an intelligent and honest person with a kind and thoughtful nature can achieve success and fame.

Thank you, Whoopi Goldberg, and thank you, Teen Ink!

9spacekingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 3:26 pm
I meant "un-mindblowing"

Jan. 8 at 3:25 pm
this article seems a bit...unprofessional and "mindblowing" for number one Non-Fic. article on Teen Ink...I mean sure it's nice but it really wouldn't get a "6" if this was for an SAT essay.

BlairWaldorf said...
meee tooo hehehehehe.... -_-

Jacob said...
I know i totally love her she is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I won't to marry her hhehehehehhe

whoopishotxxx said...
whoopi goldberg is so cute i wanna hook up with her she gives me a hard nipple

Jacob replied...
Why would you ever post a comment like this? You really need to get your mouth washed out with soap.........If i see that you have poosted another comment like this i'm calling the police.....I aint playin i'm a country hick!!!!

brainiac said...
You're INCREDIBLY lucky! I wish I had that chance but maybe you should have included some of the actual interview.

GLee_Luver said...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 10:23 am
You are so luckiee!

gogreen1 said...
Ummmm. I don't see any of the interview whatsoever.

HopefulWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I think it's a video. ;D

Kelly M. said...
Great piece I loved it... amazing work

poptart said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:23 am
she sounds cool

skurach said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:03 am
I love that you used the words contemplated and thought-provoking.

DungeonDweller said...
Nov. 24, 2010 at 8:59 am

She sounds like such an amazing person!

I really love her work, but this has only increased my respect for her.

shae said...

Love the questions

mmerino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, I never knew she was so nice! Thats quite a privledge to be able to meet her!

Taylor Lautner said...
hehehehehheheh.this was ku

Ralph said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:08 am
What an honest and great person for being able to have time to meet with you.

singergurl12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
well dont i just hate you! lucky! lol!

myworld10 said...
getting advice from whoopi goldberg....signing something for her...meeying her in person........lucky you!!