Madoc Fisher: a Football Lover | Teen Ink

Madoc Fisher: a Football Lover

By TheJillanaS SILVER, Wayne, New Jersey
TheJillanaS SILVER, Wayne, New Jersey

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

Q: What is your favorite football team (s)?

A: My favorite football teams are the New England Patriots, Detroit Lions, and of course the Wayne PAL Wolf Pack.

Q: Madoc, do you feel there is a message in football?

A: Yeah, the message is; it doesn't matter what your weight or height is anyone can play, as long as you are determined! If your heart and soul is up for it, you can play football all day, every day!

Q: What is your favorite memory of you playing football?

A: Hoisting up the Youth Super Bowl Trophy after we won five years in a row.

Q: How long ago did you start playing football? Why did you start playing?

A: I started playing when I was four or five. My babysitters' dad was the director at the PAL where I started to play and I will continue to play there for as long as I can.

Q: What is your favorite part (s) of football?

A: My favorite part of football is when I get to hit the opponents and when the announcer says my name.

Q: Was there any meaning behind the numbers you have worn on your jerseys?

A: Yes! My first number which was 88 was also worn by my babysitter's dad. Also, my number 54 was worn by my favorite football player, Tedy Bruschi. 32 was a random number I chose for a random reason.

Q: I understand that you are a lineman, but are there any other positions you would like to play?

A: Positions I play in the summer are Quarter Back (QB) and Safety, but I do wish to play Running Back a little bit more.

Q: Are there any songs you listen to that pump you up, or any traditions?

A: Yes! Every night before a game I sleep in my Boston Red Sox pajamas. I tend to listen to rap or heavy rock.

Q: Do you ever dedicate any games to anyone?

A: Yes! I've dedicated games to my grandparents, parents, relatives and to myself. I just go out there and play my best for everyone!

Q: Who are your biggest fans?

A: That would have to be my mom and dad, also my grandparents.

Q: Is football something you would like to pursue as a career? Why?

A: Yes! Very much! I would like to pursue it because it's been my favorite thing ever, since I was a little kid.

Q: If you can't make the NFL, what is your alternative…if you already have one?

A: I would like to join the Canada Football League (CFL), Arena Football League, or become a Sports Agent. If I choose to become a Sports Agent, I will have to attend Law School.

Q: If you are fortunate enough to make it into the NFL, what teams would you like to play for?

A: New England Patriots or any other good team (s).

Madoc, it was a pleasure interviewing you. I wish you well in the future, may all your dreams and wishes come true! All of your hard work, dedication and determination, will lead to great success! Hopefully, you will remember this interview! Thank you!

FOOTBALL