Karlos Dansby | Teen Ink

Karlos Dansby

“Everyday I wake up and I thank God for giving me the talents to succeed in life. I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama on November 3, 1981. During my high school career I was an All-State linebacker and wide receiver at Woodlawn High School. When I was on the field people feared me like a tiger running lose on a playground. After high school I wanted to stay in Alabama. I was offered to play at Auburn on a scholarship. I knew I could use my skills and help the Auburn football team. During my career there I made a big change from strong safety to outside linebacker as a sophomore. Once I made that move I excelled at that position. My senior year of college I was named First-team All-American and a First-Team All-Southeastern Conference selection. After college I was sure that I could take my talents to the next level.”

He continued by talking about his NFL career. “During the draft I sat in silence. I was sweating bullets just waiting for my name to be called. After every player that was picked I knew that I was getting closer to my name being called. In the 2nd round of the 2004 draft the Arizona Cardinals picked me. When I got the phone call I was silent, people were trying to congratulate me but I couldn’t hear anything. At that moment all I did was thank God for giving me the chance to use my skills on another level and make the best of it. I still thank him to this day for letting me be who I am.”

“Once I was on the cardinals I loved it. It was such an awesome experience to play with people that I actually have looked up to. During my first year I was named to the Pro Football Weekly’s 2004 All-Rookie team. It was a real honor to be named to this. All the blood, sweat, and tears I have put forward have really paid off. My early seasons in Arizona were some of the best in my career, tallying around one hundred tackles each season. My most memorable year was the 2008 season. My team made it to the Super Bowl. We had a great year but unfortunately lost in the Super Bowl. When we lost I went deaf and fell to my knees. I couldn’t talk I couldn’t move I could only think about losing. My times are over in Arizona but have started a wonderful career in Miami.”

“When I began my career in Miami I knew I loved it here. In March I signed a five-year contract with the dolphins. I’ve been here ever since and love it. I look forward to bringing the dolphins to the Super Bowl and bringing home the Lombardi.”

I love the miami dolphins.