So Many Times | Teen Ink

So Many Times

By Nanna BRONZE, Ellendale, North Dakota
Nanna BRONZE, Ellendale, North Dakota

“It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.”

How would you describe a sunset to a blind man, music to the deaf? Words seem so insufficient to describe such simple things. Many times I, myself, am guilty of taking such little things for granted, to be able to sit with a lover and watch the sun slip below the horizon, to lay out under the stars and listen to the quiet sounds of the night. I feel it's my right to be able to drive to the store, or to be able to go for a run. Every single day, I don't realize how lucky I am to be able to do all the things I can do. So many times, I am ungrateful for my life.

It's hard to imagine my life being less than perfect. I know I have my problems, but in retrospective, mine are so much less than they could be.

TinyPineapple SILVER, New York City, New York

The past doesn't ever count, what does count is what you are now. ~ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”

I know what you mean in your article, I feel the same too. I should be grateful and yet I keep on forgetting and just turn to the ungrateful things in my life. 

So nice job on this article! ^O^