Joe C. Telecommunication’s engineer | Teen Ink

Joe C. Telecommunication’s engineer

By frickyfresh123 BRONZE, Auora, Illinois
frickyfresh123 BRONZE, Auora, Illinois

I hate bored people

For this interview I got to interview my neighbor Joe C. Joe is very nice and is very easy to work with in any situation. He’s a middle age male that has had his job for a very long time and still enjoys it. He works as a Telecommunication’s engineer and the company he works at is called T-labs.

Describe your work environment.

I work for a telecommunication company. The name of the company is T-labs. At work there are cubicles were people sit and look at a computer screen or at each other. There is also a lab where experiments are done on a product and everyone works on things around the office.

When you were in eighth grade was this job that you’re at now the job you saw yourself doing and if not what was the job you wanted?

No because cell phones and most technologies existed when I was a kid in eighth grade.

What kind of products does your company make?

The products that my company makes are optical switches, add drop multiplexers, routers, and echo/sound cancellers. The Comcast triple play doesn’t work without our equipment.

Is this job you’re at a demanding job?

Sometimes I have to work overtime but I don’t get paid for it. It is like this because most of the workers keep going to China for meetings.

What kind of training did you have to go through for your position?

Basically I started with a four year college degree. This led me straight through a door to an interview and some hands on training for the position.

What are your strengths at this job?

Well, I have years of experience and I can write in the special code I need for this job. I also adapt well to the change that is made around the office. I also work well in these stressful environments.

What would you consider to be the most important aspects of this job?

The most important aspect of this job is that I deliver the product to our customer which keeps them buying from us and it keeps them happy.

What made you want to do this job?

I wanted to get into the electronic fields because I thought that the new technology was cool. That is why I got the college degree for this job. I originally wanted to go into the robotics field but couldn’t, so I got this job instead.

What do you like about this company? What keeps you at this company?

I think that the benefits are good. I also like the people I work with and I like the hours I work. I stay at this company because it is not safe to start at a new job and I have seniority at the job I’m at now. This makes it so I have more security here at my job.

Lastly, is this the job you can see yourself doing until you retire?

Yes, if I don’t get laid off in this bad economy then I will stay until retirement.