Myra the engineer | Teen Ink

Myra the engineer

Myra O. also nicknamed Mayc is an engineer. Growing up in a poor family she struggled to shuffle supporting her family and going to school. Myra persevered through five years of college and worked hard to become a respectable engineer.

Q: What do you enjoy the most about your job?

A: My salary of course!

Q: How has the economic recession affected your job?

A: There are lots of lay off and there is no job security.

Q: What inspired you to become an engineer?

A: To me it’s not what inspired me it is who inspired me to become an engineer. My dad

and MacGyver inspired me because my dad is an engineer and I look to up to him and I

saw the practicality of engineering in MacGyver’s show.

Q: What obstacles have you faced with your career?

A: I can’t think of one. Well, Mondays are an obstacle. I don’t like waking up on

Mondays and going to work. There’d just something about Monday’s that I don’t like.

It’s probably because it’s after a weekend and I want to sleep in.

Q: How does your current job affect your life?

A: I buy stuff with my salary.

Q: How does your relationship with your co-workers affect your job?

A: Well, I have this stalker at work. It gets very distracting! First, he is not very attractive

and has kids my age. Second, I continuously have to reject him. I even made my best

friend my fake boyfriend. During my vacation in Cancun I even bought an engagement

ring, a cheap one of course. Unfortunately, I get along with all my co-workers and have

to deal with them teasing me about this old stalker guy. But then again they also help me

avoid him. Does that answer your question?

misty said...
on Apr. 28 2010 at 6:51 pm
Nice Job Marion!! Keep up the good work.