A Mothers Love | Teen Ink

A Mothers Love

By actionjackson BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
actionjackson BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

After the loss of her first child she quit her job. Then she was pregnant with me, she was the happiest mother ever.

We spent a lot of time together playing with my favorite toys or changing my diaper. But the best part was when she read me stories. My favorite one was I Love you This Much it was my favorite because I love my mom that much. Then my favorite movie was George of the Jungle, I watched that movie five times a day.

Then I was getting potty trained after a while I was getting use to it. One day my mom decided to go back to work. So that meant I had to go to daycare. I wasn’t even fully potty trained, so when ever I went to daycare I would end up going in my pants. When my mom would come to pick me up I would still be soaking wet. My mom was furious, and I would cry when she would drop me off and it broke her heart. Then we tried a better daycare, but financially it wasn’t worth it.

Then she came back to staying with me. At the time I was four my mom put me in soccer. But a year later I started playing baseball and I knew that was my sport. My mom liked that because she was the coach.

Then it was time to start kindergarten. I remember the first day my mom and I were walking to my classroom, I was so nervous, but at least I had my mom with me. My teacher was Mrs. Coffee she was the best. My mom was pretty much like the assistant teacher she did everything. I was always with my mom no matter what I guess you can say I was a mama’s boy.

I was getting ready to start first grade, and my mom decided since I will be in school all day, my mom wanted to start a new career. She has been working there ever since.