Super Mom | Teen Ink

Super Mom

By Lemontoken BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
Lemontoken BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing about a very special person who changed careers at thirty four years old. What’s amazing about this person is not only is she my mother but she went from having a job and having a boss to being her own boss. This is the story of my mom changing careers.

My mom was a cocktail waitress at the Venetian for ten full years. She had to wear a certain uniform, she had to clock in everyday, and she got paid a certain amount of money. There was so much fighting and sadness going on at work. There was hurtfulness, fighting over money, mismanagement, and friendships being broken. The icing on the cake is when they took her out of a very lucrative station and made her rotate through the entire casino which includes penny and quarter slots with that said I’m sure you understand what happened to her pay scale.

Her tenth year she had had enough and decided she wanted to be a business owner. It was a hard decision and it was very scary for her but she decided to quit and become a business owner. She tried to own a food place but it didn’t work out. So she decided she wanted to own a hair salon. She bought two Great Clips. Now she is her own boss and has many employees. She now pays herself a certain amount and can go visit her salons whenever she likes. She has to do payroll, buy supplies, accounting, hiring/firing, and make sure that none of the employees are stealing things. It’s still a hard job but it’s nothing like walking around in high heels eight hours a day for ten years.

She now has time to go to school so she can one day become a dentist. I am very proud of her and I know that she has gone through a lot to get where she is today. She also does part time marketing for orthodontists for extra money. She works out everyday very early in the morning and still does all of these things. She is a very beautiful, talented, and hardworking woman that achieves everything that she tries to. Although she has all those duties she still comes home every night and cooks for me and my uncle. She also still does laundry, pays the bills, buys the groceries, and maintains the household. At the end of the day if there was a definition of superwomen it would be my mom.

My mom is always hardworking so I decided she was the best person to write about.