Racial Tention | Teen Ink

Racial Tention

By *D!@mond* BRONZE, Covington, Georgia
*D!@mond* BRONZE, Covington, Georgia

*Your ability to do well is always a good thing,but your ability to succed in greatness is always left upon yourself*

Racism in the United States has been a major issue since the colonial era. Throughout various regions through the world racial tension is exposed highly, and it is becoming very effective to the society.
According to nvo.com “Racist attitudes, or prejudice, are still held by significant portions of the U.S population. Members of every American ethnic group have perceived racism in their dealings with other groups.”
Racism falls under the category of prejudice and discrimination. Prejudice is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason, but discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance.
“My dad is racist towards anyone who is not white, and it really effects me because it is hard to deal with since I’ m not like that, and I think that African American people are discriminated against the most in many situations”, said Jacqueline Ross.
Students such as Aaron Amancio and Amanda Rogers think that blacks and whites are the biggest racial issue that we are having right now.
“The president is a huge issue because everyone is just looking at his skin color, and many people don’t like him just because he is African Amanda”. Said Rogers.
According to omninerd.com
“50% of African Americans have the most racial tendencies, while cocasion people have 38% percent of racial tendencies towards anyone”.
Seniors like Ledrakerus Nunn thinks that racism is not such a big deal, although some get better opportunities than others.
“Racism is not such a big deal because it is the 21st century, and everything else is in the past”.
Other student such as Ross thinks that racism will not come to an end at all.
“Racism is such a big issue because people pass down traits from their ancestors, and when you’ve always been around people who have only taught you one thing, that is all you know how to do and how to be.”
Prejudice and discrimination isn’t just used towards ethnicity, but it is also directed towards certain wealth as well as religions. Much of society only thinks the color of your skin is the only problem, but racism, prejudice, and discrimination all are directed to many other things. Civilization looks at stereotypes as just seizing people up, or the things you say.
Likewise people all over the world are discriminated against or have had some type of prejudice. Racism is not just something that pops up, but sometimes it is picked up in certain languages and cultures. Prejudice is something that everyone has in there own way, but it is up to us to fix it.

I am very strong on racism everywhere.I think when people read this article they should open their eyes to see what is really around them.