Lindsey Shaw Q&A | Teen Ink

Lindsey Shaw Q&A

July 16, 2009
By Narges BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Narges BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Lindsey Shaw is most known for her role as Jennifer ‘Moze’ Mosely on Nickelodeon’s Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide; the show had, three seasons and was big success for the channel. In 2007, she took on the role of Claire Tolchuck; in the CW series Aliens in America, but sadly the show lasted for one season. Now she will star in ABC Family’s new original series “10 Things I Hate About You,” inspired by the 1999 film with same titled. And top it all off I got the honor of getting an interview with her where she talked about everything from acting to the new series.

Narges: First start off by telling our readers a little bit about yourself?

Lindsey: Hey everybody! I’m Lindsey Shaw. Some of you may remember me from “Ned’s Declassified” or “Aliens in America.” Well I’m doing a new show called “10 Things I Hate About You.” Yay! I’m very excited!

-I moved to LA seven years ago from Lincoln, Nebraska.
-I have 7 guinea pigs.
-I’m a Taurus.
-I’m a little obsessed with Lil Wayne, aka Young Weezy F. Baby
-I’m a Pescatarian.

That’s all the important stuff.

Narges: You have been pretty busy staring in the films such as Devolved, Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega, and now working on your new series, 10 Things I Hate About You. What has it been like working on all these different projects?

Lindsey: It’s been wonderful! I had the opportunity to help bring these three unique stories to life.

Narges: What is the plot of Devolved?

Lindsey: “Devolved” is a modern day satire of the book “Lord of the Flies.” While on their senior whale watching trip, a group of seniors gets stranded on a deserted island after accidently setting fire to their boat. The group is immediately divided into the Populars and the Unpopulars. The Unpopulars are focused on finding food and shelter and ultimately a way off the island. The Populars are focused on partying, having a good time, and ultimately remaining on the island. They believe that senior year will last forever if they stay on the island. It becomes a dangerous battle between the two groups as their survival hangs in the balance!

Narges: You play Peggy, what is she like?

Lindsey: Peggy is a popular girl who is completely over being popular. An ex-cheerleader, she is the girlfriend of The Rog, the quintessential popular guy. She finds herself siding with the Unpopulars and falling for their leader, Flynn. She is the voice of reason during their time on the island. She is the only one who seems to retain her common sense and a grip on reality!

Narges: In Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega, you work with Tristan and Nic Puehse, was it weird working with twins?

Lindsey: At first, yes. I thought it was just one kid who got around really fast.

Narges: In Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega, you play Aubrey is she anything like you in real life?

Lindsey: I guess I must be something like her if I brought her to life. Aubrey is probably the most different character I’ve ever played. She is intense, bordering on maniacal. She will not fail. I just went completely overboard with her.

Narges: Tell, us about your new series 10 Things I Hate About?

Lindsey: The series is inspired by the movie of the same name. It centers around two sisters with completely different perspectives on life. Kat is a strong willed activist who values justic e. Bianca is a sweet social butterfly who values popularity. They must survive their new school, friends, enemies, and each other. The viewer gets the opportunity to see the show from each of their perspectives.

Narges: Is it hard to star in a series based off a hugely popular movie?

Lindsey: No. The series furthers the concept, it doesn’t copy it.

Narges: In the series you play Kat, a role that was original played by Julia Stiles, did you take anything from how she played the role, to how you play it?

Lindsey: No. None of my performance is based on anything that Julia Stiles did.

Narges: Before auditioning for the series did you watch the movie, to get feel of how go into the audition?

Lindsey: No. None of my performance was influenced by the movie.

Narges: If you could be any superhero who would you be and why?

Lindsey: I’d be Superman. He’s the only real superhero. Refer to the end of Kill Bill: Vol. 2.

Narges: What do you love most about acting?

Lindsey: Entertaining people, & entertaining myself.

Narges: What would you do if you weren’t an actress?

Lindsey: I’d be a scientist of some kind. Science is cool!! You get to learn everything about everything that really matters.

Narges: What advice can you give aspiring actors?

Lindsey: Stay focused on the art! Remember that the art is the only thing there is. Everything else will fade, but the art will always remain. And an artist is not measured by the money they have, or where they live. They are measured by the art they have to give. Be persistent! Share your art!!

Narges: What would you like to say to all you fans?

Lindsey: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.