Who is Leah Renee? | Teen Ink

Who is Leah Renee?

June 24, 2009
By Jasmine Smith BRONZE, New York, New York
Jasmine Smith BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Client Interview

Multifaceted beauty Leah Renee is Double Xxposure’s newest client. Recently Leah gave Junior Publicist, Jasmine Smith an exclusive interview on her recent leap into the music industry, while also chatting it up with President Angelo Ellberbee in Double Xxposure’s New York office...


(J) Hey Leah, it’s great to have you here today.

(L) Thank you, it’s great to be here.

(J) So, I’m sure many teenagers out there want to know how you got your start.

(L) Well I actually started out in the acting industry. I played a role on Donnie Weinberg’s CW series “The Runaway,” which was a great experience. And I also was the voice of the Beaver on the Treehouse cartoon series “Franklin the Turtle,” which was a blast!

(J) Sounds great! So if you started out in acting then how did you cross over from acting to music?

(L) Well I have always been very passionate about my music. So after doing the acting thing for a while I decided that I really wanted to pursue music. So I moved to New York from my hometown in Toronto, Canada and chose to completely 100% devote myself to my music.

(J) Wow! That’s amazing. So are you working on am album now?

(L) Actually I am. And it should be coming out in October. It’s called Storybook and the first single of the album is entitled “Imaginary Boyfriend (iBF).” You can hear some of my music on my website or on youtube which is really exciting!

(J) Cool. So what are your long term goals?

(L) Well I want to expand my music career. And eventually I would love to get back into the acting thing. But right now it would be my dream to have a number one song on the charts.

(J) Well I’m sure that dream will come true Leah. It was great having you here today. We would love to have you back.

(L) It was great being here and I would love to come back. Remember tell your friends about Storybook which should be hitting stores by the end of the year.

Want more information on Leah? Visit her website at www.leahville.net, add her on myspace at www.myspace.com/leahreneemusic, or watch her videos on youtube at youtube.com