Truck and Trailer | Teen Ink

Truck and Trailer

Pulling a trailer is the most useful skill on a farm, if you have ever wanted to be a farmer this is something you need to understand. It includes moving at slower speeds, checking the plugs, and making sure the pin is on the ball with the jack all the way up. 

Drayke Rahebi has been using a trailer to move many things on the farm for over four years. He avidly works on the farm and hooks up many trailers. He uses the skill for everyday task around the farm and moving all the heavy things his little body can't move.

You need to being this skill by lining up your vehicle with the trailer, once its aligned you want to reverse your vehicle close to the trailer. Position the coupler slightly above the ball on the back of your vehicle. Once its aligned remove the pin so the ball and coupler fall into place, then lower the socket. Remove the jack and lock the coupler and place the in back in. Then attach the safety chains in case of anything going wrong. Afterwards make sure you attach the lights properly with your vehicle so you dont cause any accidents.

How to pull a trailer like a G