Human of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Human of Parsippany

By aliciaboscarino4 BRONZE, Morris Plains, New Jersey
aliciaboscarino4 BRONZE, Morris Plains, New Jersey

“I think my favorite thing about being in college is the people I have gotten to meet. And I think a lot of people say this about college, that you just meet people who had a vastly different experience growing up from you. You meet people with all different perspectives on life. You meet people who enrich your life. Now in my life one of the things I'm most afraid of is probably failure. As someone who grew up with a family that immigrated here, I was given every opportunity to have a better life and to some extent it feels like more pressure because of what I was given. It's not spoken but it's just kind of there. Your parents talk about or even if they don’t talk about, it's just how hard they worked building the life you have and you need to take that and even for myself like I don't want to fail at the things I do… even though failure is the way to success. The ex that impacted me the most. Um, I loved them. I think that when you're in love they will always impact your life , she taught me to respect myself more than anything. I was in love with my best friend. I thought she was straight and I was terrified of being in love with her. When I moved schools I got terrified and pushed it down. The happiest I've ever been is the life I am currently living. When you're someone who is a bubbly butterfly and smiley and you laugh a lot. People just constantly assume that you're okay and that was not the truth for me, that was not the case. A combination of surrounding myself with different people, creating new friendships, and going to therapy helped me.” (Parsippany New, Jersey)

Interviewed By: Alicia Boscarino

This was a project for my English class. I interviewed my older cousin about her life