Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 7, 2024
By KapilR BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
KapilR BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“I have always imagined me as a financially independent person. I did not want to be independent on somebody for money. My father is all about education. In the whole village, he was the first person to even have a degree. He was able to secure a government job. My grandfather and father have achieved so much for their level because they are from a place where they don’t even know what to do after 8th grade. My mother was a homemaker. She didn’t have enough freedom that she was supposed to have, so I always had it in mind that I have to be financially free. After my child’s birth, things changed. I really couldn’t justify myself that ‘Oh, I have to leave my baby, and then go do work’, but then someone has to take care of the baby. I really couldn’t balance both. I was taking care of the baby, and when he started going to school, that’s when I resumed my career. I made sure that I work from home since it’s remote, so I can perfectly balance my career and my child. I was able to justify both, I was able to balance both, I was able to give ample time to my child as well. Compared to my baby, my career didn’t have higher weightage, my baby had the higher weightage.” (Morris Plains, NJ)


The author's comments:

Created for an English assignment. Inspired by the Humans of New York blog.