Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 7, 2024
By anikakothana BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
anikakothana BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Raising children is the hardest thing you can do. Especially when you have four. Bringing life into the world- it’s a little frightening- knowing you’re responsible for…them. But you don’t think of it. You’re young and you just do it and everything works out well. You learn how to roll with the punches, how to set the rules, and how to make sure they’re followed- but also know that sometimes they won’t be, and that’s okay. You just give them the motivation to always do their very best and the joy of accomplishing- it doesn’t mean always getting a hundred, or even a 95, but if it’s their very best, then you know you could be proud of what they had accomplished. I have four very successful sons: one’s a doctor, one’s a dentist, one’s a lawyer, and one’s an investment banker. It’s sort of like “I’m responsible for that”, you know, it’s their hard work and many many hours of hard work, but seeing that success and happiness in them makes me feel successful too. Once I had my first child, I always stayed home from work until they were all old enough. But it wasn’t a sacrifice. It was something I wanted to do- and I didn’t mind because having children was the best thing that happened to me, and being a mother is the best career there can be.” (Parsippany, NJ).