Humans of Parsipanny | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsipanny

By SaanviP BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
SaanviP BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

“When I came to America, initially I did not know proper English. When I was in school I did not know the system. I was not able to do well in college because I did not  know how to study. I was also working full time because I needed money for college. It was very difficult. Where I was staying, everybody was saying you should stop studying and just start working. It was hard for me at that time to decide to continue studying or just continue working at Dunkin. But I think at that time something kept me going, whatever I decide. I never quit my studies. Now, I enjoy my work. I think the best part of my job is helping patients. When I help patients, it is a great satisfaction. It's hard work sometimes but, somebody is getting better because of me. I think it's a great opportunity.  I would say, it's the hardest thing to decide to continue against everybody else's opinion or against what people around you suggest you do. You're trying to do something else, and it's hard.” (Parsippany, NJ).

This was and interview I conducted in English class. I interviewed my mom!