Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 5, 2024
By SLin BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
SLin BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“I am a social worker. Helping people, that's really what I'm more geared towards. I can empathize with my patients, understand the human condition, understand why people do the things they do, understand the motivations. It's difficult, a lot of human suffering. But the profession deals with people. And when you're dealing with any kind of human profession, it's a messy business. You see the worst of the worst, and the best of the best in humanity, sometimes in the same person. It's hard to unsee after, but dealing with people is always unpredictable. It comes with its hazards, physical and mental. In the social work profession, you see a lot of terrible things in people. I don't want to see my family, my daughters, I don't want to see them get hurt. I care more about them than they know. I wanted to be a counselor, but I realized that my goal in life was not to be a counselor. My lot in life was to be a father, which in itself was the best profession in the entire universe.” (Parsippany, New Jersey).


The author's comments:

Inspired by Humans of New York.