Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 5, 2024
By ajayboradia BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
ajayboradia BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“My passion is to excel in having a work-life balance- to put enough of myself in my work so that I have a sense of satisfaction about what I do, but at the same time balance out the time that I give my family and friends as well. When I was putting in a lot of hours at work and kids were born, I came to a realization as kids were getting older that I really wasn’t home to see them grow up. That’s when I made a conscientious decision that getting ahead and attaining a lot of career-related goals are good, but you don't wanna miss out on life; things go by really quickly and you realize you missed out on a lot and you can’t get that back. That’s one thing that if I were to go back I would give up a little bit of time and you know, just be there. I definitely wish that I did the whole work-life balance a lot earlier in my career. Being first generation in this country, it was pretty much ingrained into me that working hard is a way to get ahead and make something of your life, and it was always that I would have to work a little bit harder than other folks just to prove myself. My parents instilled in me, no matter what it is, never ever give up. Keep working. Even if you don't achieve your goal, you learn something from not achieving your goal, and that’s what they taught me. You'll find your way- if it takes you longer, that’s okay. But you have to push and keep trying your hardest, and when you have that mindset…it comes to you.” (Parsippany, New Jersey)


The author's comments:

Interviewed my dad for the Humans of Parsippany blog.