Humans Of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans Of Parsippany

By Diya_P BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
Diya_P BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

“My parents 25th anniversary to celebrate. If any moment that can be created very recently would be that. It really meant a lot for me because our family were just the four of us. So we just really didn’t have that much of parties. She was the motivation. Mom’s love is something that can not be shown. Few things made her feel like I had to come here. I should ALSO be a person to grow by myself. She was the motivation for me to do all this. She made me believe: to take things positively whenever they happen or whatever doesn’t. Because whatever happens, happens for good. I was going to work while applying to college, there were many parallel things that I had to do. I had to get signatures from colleges. I had to get letters of recommendation from my college. I had to travel a lot between my college and my office. When my sister was leaving to London, everyone was there to celebrate. I was missing that moment which is very precious for her.  - People were telling me to get married after college. “Oh why don’t you just get her married to someone already in the US?” I always had an answer. Why do I just have to be dependent on somebody else? I just want to stand by my OWN. I haven’t changed my decisions and things come to you at the right time or the right place. Only when they have to, not when you think of them. My dream after my undergrad was to come to the USA to pursue my masters. I have been trying, striving hard for getting here. Getting the visa or anything. At that time, I got into universities, but some relatives told that “you can go to more good universities.” I had to stop my visa processing. Though, I haven’t gave up on my goal. I tried applying to the next universities. Got admits. Applied the visa processing. Got the interview.  Now I’m here!” (Edison, New Jersey)

Inspired by the Humans of New York Blog