Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

February 5, 2024
By mperdomoroa28 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
mperdomoroa28 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

"Hm, I think it was coming to this country, the decision to come to this country and leave everything behind like it was a very difficult decision because here I do things I would never do in my country and that was something very difficult because in Colombia I had everything. I had my studies, my mom, my house, people who would attend to me, I had everything and when I decided to come here I had nothing. I had to leave my profession, leave my study but the change to come here was that here I had a reconciliation with God. When I was in Colombia I parted from my ways, from God. And when I came to this country, alone I came to a reality where I didn't have my mom. I had to sleep in a room where I slept on the floor and that desire to search for God changed all of that. So now the woman that I am today and my mindset I saw that God never left me and he was always by my side. Iv always said this and, I think that the best time that people don't appreciate enough is when we are in school and all you are worried about are your studies. I didn't have to worry about work, I didn't worry about bills,  I didn't have to worry about the house. You would only focus on your studies and at that time I didn't value that and now that I want to I don't have enough time to go to school and study. When I graduated from university and I received my title, that is something that I remember very well. Giving birth to Dylan, because he was my first child and I never expected to have children in my life, and to feel a baby was something that was like “wow”. So that was something that was special. Also when I had you later on because of the way they put the child on my chest after you were born that was like “I had you in my stomach for 9 months and now its like wow there it is, now I know you.” Those were definitely some of the happiest moments of my life."