Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

By RileyA BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
RileyA BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

“Because he said that to me at that time, my life was forever changed and I’m grateful for that. I was still figuring out who I was, I was in the process of becoming what I was meant to be. That one day and that one moment and that one thing he said to me changed my path in life forever. So if you take the initiative to forgive or to be forgiven, then it can be healed and everything can be healed. The only regret I ever had is not forgiving him while he was still on this planet. And I carry that, Uhm, pretty heavy because it’s the one person I’ve never forgiven and I should have forgiven him sooner. I should’ve been a better person in that situation and I held that too long.”

(Parsippany, New Jersey)

This interview was done for my 8th-grade English class. We had the opportunity to pick a person in our lives that we wanted to interview. I chose my 6th-grade gym teacher. He is probably the best teacher I have ever had. He is not just a teacher, but a friend and is always there for his students and ex-students. He gives great advice and I can talk to him about anything. I hope to be like him when I grow up.