My first time in Atlanta | Teen Ink

My first time in Atlanta

My first time in Atlanta. It was the second day there. I was staying with my aunt. That day we woke up and got ready for the day. We decided we would go to the world of coca-cola. 

When we got there we went into a short movie that was playing inside the museum. After the movie, we walked around for a bit looking at the different stuff inside the museum. I was looking around when I saw a huge room with all sorts of different sodas. I wandered into the room by myself not thinking to wait for my aunt. I walked aimlessly around the room for about 10 minutes before realizing I had gotten lost. 

Quickly I spun on my heel turning around, my face filled with worry, I walked around timidly searching for her. Slowly I began to speed up pushing through people in the crowded room. When I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going I accidentally bumped into a woman. She turned and looked at me, a worried expression on her face. I just smiled and continued walking. As I began to walk faster a baby started crying. As the baby cried  I kept walking fastly my head began to spin and I got very dizzy. I stumbled back a couple steps before slowly steading myself. I stood still and slowly took a deep breath closing my eyes. Taking a deep breath I smiled as I realized I had my phone with me. 

As I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my aunt I watched the people in the museum walking around. She told me where to meet her and we both met each other at the front of the museum. Smiling, I hugged her. My aunt frowned as she lectured me about wandering off. Nodding I thought to myself about what had happened and I told myself it would never happen again. My aunt hugged me again wrapping her arms tightly around me. She smiled “ I’m glad I found you”, she said in a cheery voice. 

I smiled and we went around the rest of the museum. We went into the big room where I had gotten lost before. We walked through the busy room tasting the different sodas from all over the world. I walked close to my aunt making sure not to wander off again. 

This is a memoir about my first time in Atlanta and getting lost inside a very big museum.