Top Voted Heroes Articles

Here are the top voted heroes articles:

voted
#1
Rosa Parks, Civil Rights Activist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Whether you are a stressed-out teenager wrapped up in piles of homework or an aspiring author tangled up in scandalous accusations of plagiarism, we all encounter obstacles in our lives. When confronted with difficulties, most people seek the easy... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#2
Author, J.K. Rowling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My definition of a hero is someone who inspires, helps the less fortunate, and overcomes personal obstacles. One woman who I think fits this description is J.K. Rowling. At one time, she could barely pay the rent and care for her daughter, and... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#3
John Lennon, Musician/Antiwar Activist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The evening of December 8, 1980, John Lennon, beloved singer, songwriter, and political activist, was shot and killed in front of his apartment building in New York City. He was only 40. Lennon is a hero to me. Even though he was not alive during... (more »)
38 comments
voted
#4
Grandmother Trudy K.B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There have been several special people in my life. One was my Oma. “Oma” is German for grandmother. I would like to share with you some of my fondest memories of her. Thinking back, I remember what she looked like. She was strong, kind,... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#5
The Storm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“You want to talk about the war? That's a rough topic,” my father said to me one night a few years ago on our front porch. I looked at the 57-year-old man with a gaze that went beyond usual interest. He is notorious for telling stories of his... (more »)
11 comments
voted
#6
Musician Kurt Cobain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Kurt Cobain said, “I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.” He’s best known for his remarkable blue eyes and signature scratchy voice. He was loved for his good looks, immense talent, and rebellious ­personality.... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#7
Malcolm X, Civil Rights Activist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
To me, a hero is a person who speaks when the world needs to listen, changes when the world needs to change, and acts when things need to get done. My hero is Malcolm X. He had courage and strength, and no matter how society kicked him or his... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#8
Friend Vince This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I remember who inspired me to write every day: Vince, the guy who used to come to the coffee shop where I work. Even though he stopped coming and telling me his theories on life, I'll always remember him. He was a 29-year-old artist and... (more »)
voted
#9
Marine Sergeant, Police Officer Sean P. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
To me, heroes are those who put others first, even if it means risking their life. Heroes have courage, integrity, and bravery. They will stop at nothing. A hero is a person who is not afraid of adversity. My hero is my cousin Sean. As a young... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#10
Uncle James L. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
As I stand in the kitchen, early on a Saturday morning, and pour myself a bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch, I barely notice the ominous footsteps hiking up the cellar stairs. Before I can turn toward the fridge, I jump, as usual, when I hear a low,... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#11
Teen - Rachel Joy S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When you hear the term “hero,” you might picture Superman lifting a bus or Spiderman spinning webs from his wrists, battling villains with ultra-­super powers. But not all heroes are mythical – some exist, right here, right now, everywhere... (more »)
22 comments
voted
#12
Mother, Anita B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Some heroes have lightning speed; some can fly, be in two places at once, excel in a hobby or activity, or show unconditional love and support. Believe it or not, my hero can do all of these. Every morning this incredible woman wakes early,... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#13
Father, Wen Z. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
His eyes strained to make out the tiny characters in the dim candlelight. “5x2 - 23x -10 = (5x+2) (x-5),” he wrote on the cheap yellow paper he had managed to get. It was 1978, and his family was stuck in poverty in China. He knew the only way... (more »)
voted
#14
Mother, Dawn T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Whether the weather is stifling hot, excruciatingly cold, or anything in between, you can bet your bottom dollar that at 8 a.m. sharp Dawn is taking Chloe for a walk. Dawn is known throughout our community as “the British woman who walks her dog... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#15
Grandfather Lee S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Any time I went to my grandparents' house, there were two guarantees. One, the candy drawer would be full, and two, my grandfather would be playing the piano. Papa, as we called him, sat perched on a blue cushion attached precariously to a... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#16
Mucisian Andrew McMahon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
On September 3rd, 1982, a hero of mine was born. He is Andrew McMahon, the lead vocalist of both Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin. His story began when he was just eight years old, and he first started playing the piano. Before he could... (more »)
4 comments