Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

March 12, 2018
By Leviathan.On.Earth GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Leviathan.On.Earth GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Korean Veteran,

 

Thank you for your service. I know you might have heard that plenty of times but I would like to say it myself. My Papa and two of my uncles were in the Korean War. So I would like to thank you as well. Seeing the chaos from then and how you survived through it all, gives strength towards me and many other members of my family.


I am a 16 year old junior. My future plan in life is to become an art teacher for elementary school children. As I had said, those three members of my family had gone into the Korean war. I would like to show gratitude for you for going into the war with my family members and others! On my 13th I went to Washington D.C. to see the War Memorials. It made me feel as I went to the Korean War Memorial, seeing the statues of the men in the ponchos and the names written. I felt sorrow for those who were lost and gratitude for them and those still living today. What was that experience for you? Did you enjoy going?

 

I would like to thank you again. You were incredibly brave going up against that opponent. I wish I can be that brave when I get older! Thank you for being my inspiration to push forward. To show people I can be strong. Thank you so much for being here. As a parting from me I wanted to say welcome home! I hope you had a stupendous trip with all the other members of the flight. If you would like, please message me back! I would love to hear your story and who you are! I hope you have had a fantastic day. Thank you for your service.

Love,     
Emma