Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

By coolbasketball123 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
coolbasketball123 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

I would like to personally thank you for everything you have sacrificed and done for the people of The United States. Thank you for keeping the country we hold dear safe.

I am a junior going to high school and I am writing to you because I have never thanked a veteran properly and I want to show my appreciation.

It takes an individual who is ready to give sacrifices like all the servicemen and women out there to be a hero. I call veterans heroes because anyone who is ready to give up everything they know to protect people they don't know deserves the title of hero. I couldn’t imagine what I would have to do and how I would have to transform myself to be in the military; that’s bravery in the highest order and I thank you for your sacrifice.

The legacy of veterans is a legacy that needs to be respected, since you’re part of the reason we are living in the greatest country in the world. I thank you for keeping that true.

Thank you for being a hero for the United States. I am grateful for what you have done to protect me and the country we love.

Sincerely,

Anonymous