My Mother's Thoughtfulness | Teen Ink

My Mother's Thoughtfulness

January 18, 2018
By tootsieroll101 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
tootsieroll101 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My father is shy and timid, but his heart is golden, like the fighting irish and touchdown Jesus. My brother tends to go with the flow, and somehow seems to know a random fact about everything. My sister is a go-getter, she sets her mind on something and she goes out and does it. But, my mother, oh my mother has a tender spot in her heart for all the things that matter most in life.  My mother’s kindness is beyond that of many others. In a society where fitting in seems to be the most important, my mother finds the good in the worst. Her generosity is contagious and motivates others to do the things that matter most in life, such as give up time to make others happy. When approached by others, her tone is like smooth waves of the ocean, gently washing up against your sandy toes. Gentle and calm.  One night she spotted a lonely man walking with groceries in the midst of a Wisconsin winter blizzard and her first reaction was to pull over and offer him a ride. The way she approaches and talks to cashiers at the grocery store sparks a smile on their faces, always. And let us not forget the heart-warming notes she writes to put them in my lunch.  Many people try to buy their happiness in the world, but my mother knows that money can’t buy happiness, but generosity can.