Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

December 22, 2017
By meganpeterson23 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
meganpeterson23 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

Thank you for sacrificing so much of your life to protect ours. The bravery and courage you had does not go unnoticed. I am impressed with the dedication to your country and am grateful for everything that you did.

I watched the Honor Flight video and seeing the joy on veterans faces when they received letters was amazing. Your service has made an impact on people all throughout the country and we are blessed to have people like you that fight for us.

I have visited the memorials in Washington D.C. when I was just 12 years old, yet the memories from those places still hold in my mind. It was moving to see the sacrifices that were made to ensure the freedom of our country remains. It is because of people like you that I have the right to live the life I do today and there is no amount of words I can write that will show that gratitude.

You have served this entire country in a way that allows us to live our lives in freedom. There aren’t many places in the world where men and women I have never met will fight, with their lives, to grant me rights that not everyone else has. There aren’t many of those places where those same men and women don’t ask for anything in return. They just love this country and its people enough that they’re willing to fight for them. For this, I am grateful to have the opportunity to write to you and express my thankfulness.

I hope today is a day you remember and enjoy thoroughly.