My Best Friend Is My Hero | Teen Ink

My Best Friend Is My Hero

By ScarlettThorn BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
ScarlettThorn BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

Kelly S. is my best friend in the entire world. She's gotten me through my problems and issues; I've also helped her through her own. As said she is my best friend but when we first met you would think we hated each other. That is because we very much did. Kelly and I first met in kindergarten when she moved to North Broward. We were both very jealous of each other. This is because two of my friends Ianna and Havana, who are twins, were our friends. We thought that Ianna and Havana weren’t going to like us any more because of the other. As soon as we started talking to each other though; we instantly became best friends. Though she's never really available to talk now of days, because of her golf schedule and her moving to a new school, she's my personal hero.

Kelly last year left the school we were in. We were in the same school together since kindergarten; so you can imagine this was one of the most heartbreaking moments in my life. Kelly does golf, so school is the only time I got to see her. Kelly plays professional golf, and is one of the top Florida girl players. I consider her a hero because she still manages to balance her social life with her golf related life. Everyday she has practice after school from the end of school to at least 6. Despite this she still manages to talk to me everyday as soon as my classes ends. This inspires me to always keep in touch with my friends. For this reason she is my hero.

Another reason she is my hero is because she has helped me with my personal issues. Some of these issues were very hard to deal with. Such as I remember when I was very sad because my other friend, Scotland, had left the school and gone all the way to California.  She helped me cope and make sure that we can keep in touch. She is also helped me with family issues, I will however not say these since they're very personal. All in all she has cared and pushed me through life.

In conclusion Kelly is my hero because she helps me get through life and tough times, she inspires, and in all is my anchor in life.

on May. 23 2018 at 1:34 pm
Sorry I haven’t checked this in a while but thank you for your critism.

on Oct. 21 2017 at 11:25 pm
WritingAddict03 SILVER, Saint Peters , Missouri

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

I'm so glad you have such a wonderful friend! It's a good piece, but I would encourage you to revise it and try to perfect it a bit more. I feel like it was a bit choppy in a few places, and I think you could clean them up with a little bit more work. All in all, this was amazing! Please keep writing, you have so much potential!!! I can't wait to see what you post next.