Spread Positivity | Teen Ink

Spread Positivity

By caroline49 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
caroline49 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

Colleen Mae Ballinger. That, is what comes to mind when I think of a hero. She is someone who I think of daily and someone who I aspire to be. I’m not sure if it’s her compassion, kindness, humor or her outlooks on things that make me love her so much. But I think the thing I love the most about her is how she kept those virtues close even through the rough times in her life. She’s given me knowledge and laughter. Joy and pride. Hope and passion. She is my hero.

Colleen first began her track to success when she started posting videos on YouTube. Before she worked as an actress and singer in her hometown Santa Barbara, CA. She created a infamous character named Miranda Sings. Miranda is fiction character who is very quirky and full of herself. Colleen became very famous and started making videos of herself and not as her character many years ago. Besides making videos she has gained many opportunities such as going on tour, writing a book, having her own tv show, and much more. She has continued to gain success throughout the years and inspire many.

Though, Colleen’s life’s hasn’t been all success and happiness she also has gone through many rough times in her life such as her divorce in 2016. Through this rough journey she still managed to stay positive which really has inspired other and myself to always be positive no matter how hard things become. She had also done many charity works in her career to help others with cancer and other diseases. Her hard work and determination has inspired me to be like her and to do my best and spread positivity. I know she’s inspired more than just me.

In conclusion, I will always love Colleen Ballinger and what she does. She’s made difference for many young people such as me to spread happiness and positivity. She has shown that through rough times you still have to be true to yourself and work hard. Her passion for what she does determines me to be the same way in everything I do and everything I am passionate about. Colleen is my hero.