My Mom, My Hero | Teen Ink

My Mom, My Hero

October 18, 2017
By Izzyz18 BRONZE, Coconut Creek , Florida
Izzyz18 BRONZE, Coconut Creek , Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There are many good people in the world that do many good things for the world.  All of these people can be considered a hero.  A hero is someone who is admired for courage, outstanding achievements, or someone you look up to.  My personal hero is my mom.  My mom does everything for me and I look up to her for that reason.  Without her, I would have nothing in my life that I have today.  Without my mom, I wouldn’t be able to go the places that I enjoy the most, and I wouldn’t have all the stuff I have that I love.
      

My hero, my mom, plays a major role in my life.  She sends me everywhere I want to go and even some places I don’t want to go at first but it ends up being so much fun.  Camp is my favorite place in the whole entire world.  Without camp or my camp friends, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.  My mom is the reason I have camp.  Even though I only have camp for two months of each year, I have my camp friends all year long to talk to.  All of them live in New York, so my mom takes time and goes out of her way to send me there to see them whenever I can.  I am so happy that my mom cares so much and spends so much just to make me so happy, because when I see my camp friends it is the best feeling in the world.  Although my mom takes me fun places like New York and other vacations, another place she sends me is to a private school.  I am truly lucky to be able to go to such an amazing school with amazing friends, and without my mom, I wouldn’t have any of this. 
      

My mom also makes a big contribution in my life by paying for everything that I not only need, but also want.  If she didn’t play this big role in my life, I would have a quarter of the stuff I have today.  For example, this past year was bat mitzvah season.  Every time I had a new bought mitzvah coming up, which was really often, my mom would make sure I had something to wear that I haven’t worn to any previous ones, and if I didn’t have anything, she would take me to buy a new dress.  My mom pays for everything that I love, including technology, clothing, jewelry, and even makeup.  My mom also gives me amazing gifts without me even earning them.  Every year on Hanukkah or my birthday, my mom buys me almost everything I ask for because she is caring, not because I truly deserve it.   This’s another reason why my mom is my hero because she is sweet and does good things for other people.
      

Even though my mom takes me places, sends me wherever I want, and pays for everything I need, this is not the only thing I look up to her for.  My mom is an influence on me and because of her, I know exactly how to be a parent and do what is best for my family.  She always does what is best for not only me, but for my family, and everyone deserves as good of a mom as her.  Without my mom, I would be nowhere.