My Dad Is My Hero | Teen Ink

My Dad Is My Hero

By Rachel.lacrosse BRONZE, Coconut Creek, , Florida
Rachel.lacrosse BRONZE, Coconut Creek, , Florida

A hero is someone who is admired for their courage, outstanding abilities, and their noble qualities. A hero is someone you look up to, or aspire to be. A hero can be an athlete, scientist, singer, dancer, teacher. Everyone has a hero and my hero is my dad.

My dad is my hero because he inspires me to work hard in lacrosse and school. For example one Saturday morning he came into my room at six and woke me up to go to go workout with him, later that day he also studied with me and helped me with my homework. This shows that my dad motivates me to be productive and go for my dreams of playing lacrosse, but at the same time he wants me to learn and get good grades. My dad has always told me if you try your best and don't succeed it's better than not trying and succeeding all the time. This means that if you put effort into something such as a math test, or lacrosse game and the outcome isn't what you want it's ok because you tried, but if you don't put effort and succeed you just “win”without earning or working for it. He's always taught me to work hard and I aspire to work as hard as he does.

A friend is someone who will be there for you occasionally, but a best friend is someone who will stick by you no matter what. That's what my dad does, he's there every step of the way. For example my dad is a very un shy person. He's on the sports tv show Dan Le Batard and Stugotz, and he's stugotz, so he is very comfortable with public speaking, and performing. This last rosh hashanah I had to go up on the bima at my temple and sing hebrew to thousands of people. I really don't like standing up in front of others and speaking it's something I can not do. I was so nervous and my dad told me don't worry you're going to be ok just think about what an honor this is to be one of the 5 people called to do this. He calmed me down a lot and he was sitting in the front row watching me the whole time. Now that's hero quality if you ask me.

Hero, hero, hero. Just think about that word for 10 seconds and what it means to you. To me, it means someone who leads you, someone who has noble qualities, someone you can look up to and always rely on, someone who is with you all the way whether you watch them on tv and they are close to your heart. Everyone has a hero… who's yours?