My hero Wade | Teen Ink

My hero Wade

October 17, 2017
By LoganR BRONZE, Coconut Creek, FL, Florida
LoganR BRONZE, Coconut Creek, FL, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dwayne Tyrone Wade born on January 17 1982 is an American Professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA (National Basketball Association). After a very successful career at Marquette, the Miami Heat drafted Wade fifth overall in the 2003 draft, he was named to an all rookie team his first year. In Wade’s third year in 2006 he led a youthful team to the NBA Finals, and won the Finals MVP. A few years later Lebron James and Chris Bosh joined Wade and the Heat to win 2 championships. After these glorifying years LeBron left to go back home to Cleveland, Bosh stayed but suffered from blood clots a few years later, and Wade was all left alone. In the summer of 2016, Dwayne decided to go back to his hometown and join the Chicago Bulls. Wade and the Heat had a very healthy relationship, and they would be happy with anything he wanted to do. Dwayne had a fun year, playing with Jimmy Butler and many other good players, he loved playing in his hometown. When the Bulls started the rebuilding process, Lebron recruited Wade to Cleveland. On September 25, 2017 Wade was bought out of his contract and was a free agent, for many people the only choice for Dwayne was the Heat. Not only a day later he signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers to join Lebron James, the people of Miami were shocked but happy for him. Wade released a few days later that he would end his career in a Miami Heat Jersey. As Pat Riley the heat owner says he is a forever man.

Wade had a great career with Miami. He quickly emerged as a productive player on a youthful Miami Heat team and averaged 16.2 points on 46.5% shooting with averages of 4.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game. Wade is one of only four Marquette University players to be drafted in the first round; his is the highest draft selection in school history.  By the 2005–06 season Wade had developed into one of the most prominent players in the NBA and was elected to his second All-Star Game, this time a starter. In the 2006 All-Star Game, Wade made the game-winning put-back off of the Philadelphia 76ers' Allen Iverson's missed shot, to lead the East to a 122–120 victory over the West. He scored 20 points on 9/11 field goals in 30 minutes of play. He finished the 2005–06 regular season averaging 27.2 points, 6.7 assists, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.95 steals per game. In his first trip to the NBA Finals, in which Miami faced off against the Dallas Mavericks, Wade had some especially memorable moments. His performance in games three, four, and five, in which he scored 42, 36, and 43 points, respectively, helped bring the Heat back from a 0–2 deficit to lead the series 3-2. In Game 3 Wade tied his career playoff high with 42 points and grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds. Fifteen of his 42 points came in the fourth quarter, in which the Heat erased a 13-point deficit over the final 6:29 with a 22–7 run which included a go-ahead jumper by NBA veteran Gary Payton that sealed the win. The Heat went on to win Game 6 behind Wade's 36 points, taking the series 4–2, and Wade was presented with the Finals MVP trophy.[29] He became the fifth youngest player in NBA history to capture NBA Finals MVP honors and recorded the third highest scoring average by a player in his first NBA Finals with 34.7 points per game. During the off-season, Miami-Dade County commissioners voted unanimously to rename the county "Miami-Wade County" for one week from July 1–7, 2010 in Wade's honor and to try and convince Wade to stay in Miami and sign with the Heat.[74] On July 7, it was announced that Wade would be re-signing with the Miami Heat, along with former Toronto Raptor Chris Bosh.The following day, LeBron James announced he would be joining the Heat to play with Wade and Bosh, causing a stir in the media and among fans. The deals were officially announced on July 10; Bosh and James arrived via sign-and-trade deals.The Heat finished with a 58-24 record in the first year of the Big 3 Era and earned the second seed in the Eastern Conference. For the season, Wade averaged 25.5 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 1.5 steals per game, shooting 50% from the field. After defeating the Philadelphia 76ers, Boston Celtics, and Chicago Bulls, the Heat reached the Finals but lost to the Dallas Mavericks in six games. Wade averaged 26.5 points, 7 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game for the NBA Finals and 24.5 points, 7.1 rebounds and 4.4 for the entire playoffs.[78] Prior to the beginning of the 2011–12 NBA season, Bosh in 2012 opined Wade should take the last second shot instead of Bosh or James to win or lose a game based on Wade's past success.

Dwyane Wade is my hero. He has done so many things in his life that make him who he is and the person he has become. He has written two books that have been very inspirational and informative called A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball, documents his life as both a single dad and professional basketball player. As Pat Riley would say (The Miami Heat Owner) Dwayne is a “Forever Man”